Whilst many people can agree that vaping is a lot better for your health than cigarette smoke, it’s not without it’s problems.
In the same way that we write about the best purifiers for cigarette smoke, we also wanted to make sure that vape users had a guide to help them pick an air purifier that is suited to dealing with chemicals produced from vaping devices.
If you are interested in using an air purifier for weed smoke, be sure to read our dedicated article as vaping and smoking weed create very different air pollutants.
It’s often wrongly assumed that vape pens produce water but in fact include a number of chemicals based upon the original liquid formula that you use.
Whatever you put in your vape pen will end up being converted to a gas in your surrounding area so something to consider when vaping inside a room.
Depending on the substance it could have a strong smell so it’s totally understandable why someone would want to put a device like an air purifier to remove the vape gas and any smells that come with it.
The good news is that when compared to cigarette smoke, vape “smoke” is far easier to deal with.
Many air purifiers that deal with cigarette smoke needs to be in the $300+ range to make much of a difference as cigarettes produce a ton of smoke and you need a lot of filter power to remove it.
This is the reason that we don’t recommend an air purifier for more than $150 as it’s just not required to invest in such a large device with an issue such as vaping.
If you want your air purifier to do more than just remove vape smoke then be sure to check out our other use case reviews.
So please, if you are thinking of buying a $1000 air purifier to deal with vaping then please stop and save your money with one of the devices we recommend and use your money for something else.
As always with any of the recommendations we are good at identifying those “popular” items that have so many good reviews but in reality, are just powered by fake bot votes that most real consumers think are terrible.
Why trust us?
We dig deep into real customer reviews so you don’t have to, to understand the experience for the vast majority of people out there.
This means that we are 100% confident that the devices we recommend will be perfect for dealing with the issue of vaping.
Using an e-cigarette should not mean that you have to put up with poor air quality in your home. Vapor use indoors can still be possible if we use the right air purification technology. The following air purifier for vaping are what we think are the best currently available as of 2021.
They are all fairly low priced devices that use a combination of pre-filter, HEPA filter and charcoal to remove vapor allergens from the air. Don’t let your e-cig use create a problem, just enable one of these air purifiers during every vaping session.
Compare the Best Air Purifiers for Vaping
More detailed review below:
1.LEVOIT H13 (Best Option for Most People)
You can always find this air purifier at below $100 and when it arrived it really put pressure on other air purifier manufacturers to up their game.
The LEVOIT is perfect for Vape users as it can deal with the small number of pollutants that would be needed for someone using an air purifier to remove vape gasses.
We tested this unit in my home recently and found that in a small room, it could easily remove all pollutants produced by a vaporizer for 35 minutes at the highest setting.
I used the Huma-i [HI-150] to take a reading post vapor and then continued to check out on the room and take readings for PM2.5 and 10 and VOC’s. I am a big fan of the Huma unit compared to some of the similarly priced units that have more options but are regularly found to be way off with readings.
At this particular price point, the LEVOIT 300 is the perfect purifier for something like vaping as you can either use it post vape like I did or even feel free to leave it on continually during the vaping session.
The filters are H13 HEPA and whilst they will need replacing at some point, with vaping we are not producing a ton of pollutants so it will be a long time between filter changes. One thing I like is that there are plenty of filter replacements available to buy on Amazon both from Levoit and other generic manufacturers.
The only real downside to this air purifier is that it doesn’t come with some of the bells and whistles that you see with more expensive units. It doesn’t do any air quality detection on-board and so doesn’t have the option to come on automatically as it detects pollutants. It has basic sleep timers but not the App support that you will find with the higher-priced units.
Right now this is the air purifier that I use for vaping and is the one I recommend to most people. #
Update Feb 2021: We have now completed our hands-on Levoit Core 300 review, so be sure to have a read.
- Perfect for Different Individuals' Needs: Customized 3 Replacement 3-stage Filters based on different environment. Consider one air purifier when you find dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and dust mite, smoke particles, (VOCs), runny nose, allergy-like symptoms, such as sneezing,burning sensations in the nose, dry, itchy skin rashes
- Ozone Free: Designed in California. The UVC Light and Anion that other Brands adopt to purify air could produce a kind of air pollutant-Ozone, which is especially harmful for the children and Asthma sufferers. Levoit air purifiers never use these for 100% Ozone free
- Improved Filtration: With larger expansion area and longer length than others, the H13 Ture HEPA filter works with ultra-fine Pre-filter and activated carbon filter, traps 99.97% allergens like dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter and reduce unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes
- Large Coverage: Use the Core 300 to fill your environment with crisp, clean air. Its Vortexair Technology creates a stronger air flow, filters air 5x per hour at high speed in medium to large rooms up to 219 sq. feet. AC 120V/60HZ for USA and Canada
- Undisturbed Operation: Display light can be turned off to enjoy a perfect night of sleep without the effect of light. A timer for 2/4/6/8 hours and filter life time indicator for your convenience
2. Honeywell HPA100 (Best if you Prefer a US Company)
The HPA100 is small but can deal with a fair amount of air and would be perfect for someone looking to remove allergens relating to vaping.
Honeywell has a hq in North Carolina and has been going since 1906 so there is plenty to trust.
It’s usually a little more expensive than the LEVOIT H13 but if you prefer a brand you can trust it might be worth the extra investment.
- Medium room air purifier: Recommended for medium rooms (up to 155 square feet) this true HEPA allergen remover air purifier helps capture up to 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Easy to Use; With quiet operation, Easy Tap controls & an Auto Off Timer, this air purifier helps remove particles like pet dander, pollen, dust, mold & smoke, & helps capture certain germs & reduce odors
- Honeywell air purifiers: Our air purifiers help remove allergens, dust & odors. If you have allergies, pets or stale indoor air, air purifiers help remove airborne particles & help improve air quality
- Filter & circulate: Honeywell Air Purifiers filter & circulate air in the stated room size up to 5 times an hour. Breathe easy knowing the air in your home is fresher & cleaner with fewer allergens
- Honeywell quality: Improve your air quality & neutralize odors for a clean & healthy breathing experience year round with Honeywell replacement filters for air cleaners & purifiers
3. Hamilton Beach TruAir – best for less than $60
Normally I don’t often recommend the Hamilton Beach air purifier but considering that you are looking to use it for vaping then it could be the perfect fit for not a lot of cash.
I would recommend going for a charcoal filter option as you will want to remove any smells and chemical pollutants.
- 3 Filtration stages: Permanent true HEPA filter captures dander & airborne particles plus 2 replaceable carbon zeolite filters to target pet odors plus a pre filter for pet hair and larger particles
- High performance true Hepa grade filter: Captures 99.97 percent of pet dander, dust, dust mites, pollen, and Mold/Mildew spores as small as 3 microns from the air
- Reduces odors: 2 Activated carbon zeolite filters help reduce unwanted household odors from pets, smoke, and more
- Quiet and powerful: Use whisper clean for extra quiet operation at night, the medium setting or the quick clean setting for more powerful air cleaning
- Easy to clean: Permanent Hepa filter can be vacuumed clean; No replacement filters to buy
Let me know if you think are missing any great purifiers that you found were great for cleaning the air of vapor produced by vaping pens and devices.
Last update on 2021-02-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API