Whilst many people can agree that vaping is a lot better than cigarette smoke, it’s not without it’s problems.
In the same way that we write about the best purifiers for cigarette smoke, we also wanted to make sure that vape users had a guide to help them pick an air purifier that is suited to dealing with chemicals produced from vaping devices.
It’s often wrongly assumed that vape pens produce water but in fact include a number of chemicals based upon the original liquid formula that you use.
Whatever you put in your vape pen will end up being converted to a gas in your surrounding area so something consider when vaping inside a room.
Depending on the substance it could have a strong smell so it’s totally understandable why someone would want to put a device like an air purifier to remove the vape gas and any smells that come with it.
The good news is that when compared to cigarette smoke, vape “smoke” is far easier to deal with.
Many air purifiers that deal with cigarette smoke needs to be in the $300+ range to make much of a difference as cigarettes produce a ton of smoke and you need a lot of filter power to remove it.
This is the reason that we don’t recommend an air purifier for more than $150 as it’s just not required to invest in such a large device with an issue such as vaping.
If you want your air purifier to do more than just remove vape smoke then be sure to check out our top purifier for 2020 list (we include some higher spec models that have multiple uses.)
So please, if you are thinking of buying a $1000 air purifier to deal with vaping then please stop and save your money with one of the devices we recommend and use your money for something else.
As always with any of the recommendations we are good identifying those “popular” items that have so many good reviews but in reality, are just powered by fake bot votes that most real consumers think are terrible.
Why trust us?
We dig deep into real customer reviews so you don’t have to, to understand the experience for the vast majority of people out there.
This means that we are 100% confident that the devices we recommend will be perfect for dealing with the issue of vaping.
Using an e-cigarette should not mean that you have to put up with poor air quality in your home. Vapor use indoors can still be possible if we use the right air purification technology. The following air purifier for vaping are what we think are the best currently available as of 2020.
They are all farily low priced devices that use a combination of pre filter, hepa filter and charcoal to remove vapor allergens from the air. Don’t let your e cig use create a problem, just enable one of these air purifiers during every vaping session.
1.LEVOIT H13 (Best Option for Most People)
You can always find this air purifier at below $120 and when it arrived it really put pressure on other air purifier manufacturers to up their game.
The LEVOIT is perfect for Vape users as it can deal with the small amount of pollutants that would be needed for someone using an air purifier to remove vape gasses.
This unit is regularly sold-out on Amazon.com so grab one if it’s available or look at our option 2.
- Genuine Replacements: Search for "p350-rf" or "B087R7ZFPB" for levoit 3-in-1 customized pet filter with ARC Formula to ensure excellent performance
- Perfect Gift for Pet Families: Ideal for pet allergies, improve your air quality and help you and your pets relieve allergic symptoms such as sneezing, coughing, sinuses and heavy breathing. Ozone-free, approved by CARB, ETL listed and CA PROP 65 certified
- High Powered: The Vortexair Technology offers an increased CADR of 141 CFM / 240 m³/h, handily covering rooms as large as 219 ft2 (20㎡) and refreshing the air 5 times per hour, perfect for bedroom, living room, dining room or pet room
- H13-Grade True HEPA Filter: Reduces up to 99.97% of harmful air pollutants, smoke, pollen, mold spores, dust mites and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns from the air. This new fine non-woven fabric pre-filter is more effective than other common pre-filters at capturing floating hair, pet fur, pet dander, dust, fibers, lint
- Sleep Mode & Timer: The QuietKEAP Technology keeps noise levels as low as 24dB. Set a timer for 2, 4, 8, or 12 hours, then turn off the display light to enjoy a perfect and undisturbed night of sleep. The pet lock button prevents your pets from tampering with any of the other buttons or settings
2. Honeywell HPA100 (Best if you Prefer a US Company)
The HPA100 is small but can deal with a fair amount of air and would be perfect for someone looking to remove allergens relating to vaping.
Honeywell has a hq in North Carolina and has been going since 1906 so there is plenty to trust.
It’s usually a little more expensive than the LEVOIT H13 but if you prefer a brand you can trust it might be worth the extra investment.
- Medium room air purifier: Recommended for medium rooms (up to 155 square feet) this true HEPA allergen remover air purifier helps capture up to 99.97 percent of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Easy to Use; With quiet operation, Easy Tap controls & an Auto Off Timer, this air purifier helps remove particles like pet dander, pollen, dust, mold & smoke, & helps capture certain germs & reduce odors
- Honeywell air purifiers: Our air purifiers help remove allergens, dust & odors. If you have allergies, pets or stale indoor air, air purifiers help remove airborne particles & help improve air quality
- Filter & circulate: Honeywell Air Purifiers filter & circulate air in the stated room size up to 5 times an hour. Breathe easy knowing the air in your home is fresher & cleaner with fewer allergens
- Honeywell quality: Improve your air quality & neutralize odors for a clean & healthy breathing experience year round with Honeywell replacement filters for air cleaners & purifiers
3. Hamilton Beach TruAir – best for less than $60
Normally I don’t often reccomend the Hamilton Beach air purifier but considering that you are looking to use it for vaping then it could be perfect fit for not a lot of cash.
I would recommend going for a charcoal filter option as you will want to remove any smells and chemical pollutants.
- 3 Filtration stages: Permanent true HEPA filter captures dander & airborne particles plus 2 replaceable carbon zeolite filters to target pet odors plus a pre filter for pet hair and larger particles
- High performance true Hepa grade filter: Captures 99.97 percent of pet dander, dust, dust mites, pollen, and Mold/Mildew spores as small as 3 microns from the air
- Reduces odors: 2 Activated carbon zeolite filters help reduce unwanted household odors from pets, smoke, and more
- Quiet and powerful: Use whisper clean for extra quiet operation at night, the medium setting or the quick clean setting for more powerful air cleaning
- Easy to clean: Permanent Hepa filter can be vacuumed clean; No replacement filters to buy
Let me know if you think are missing any great purifiers that you found were great for cleaning the air of vapor produced by vaping pens and devices.
Last update on 2020-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API