Welcome to the air purifier review website! This is a personal web-site dedicated to providing support to both air purifier owners and those people wanting to find out more.
We believe that using an air purifier can help to remove allergens, dust, bacteria and viruses from your household air. However the market for air purifier is also full of snake oil merchants who work on peoples lack of knowledge to sell air purifier that they know won’t work. At this site we are not affiliated to any one manufacturer and we don’t take any advertising so we stay can stay as unbiased as possible.
When putting together air purifier reviews we evaluate the following factors:
- CADR rating – this is the industry standard in testing the amount of air an air purifier can clean.
- Price – A very important aspect as price can differ dramatically between air purifiers – in most cases a higher price means higher quality but not always.
- Design – Like it or not – your air purifier will have to be kept on show so design is important – we also look at how the design helps with air purification and day to day usage.
- Filter replacment and cost – this is a very important point as many air purifier require filter changes that can cost upwards of $200 per year. It’s worth knowing what the cost will be before you spend your hard earned cash on a cheap air purifier.
- Ozone – The issue of ozone is a big one for me. Many cheap ionizer purifiers from the past 5 years have been proven to vent ozone – a toxic gas. At air purifier review site we never reccomend an air purifier that vents ozone!
If your an allergy sufferer then choosing the right purifier will give you the ability to create a sanctuary in your home that is free of any allergy causing particles. I know that having somewhere to sleep where you won’t wake up coughing and sneezing is something that most serious allergy sufferers dream of.
The range of air purifiers on the market range from budget $100 units up to whole house purifier that can cost over $5,000. I know that not everyone has a spare $5,000 to spend on air purification so i have split the reviews to meet all budget ranges.
The following categories will provide information for the following budgets.
In this section you will find articles about purifiers bought from retailers such as Walmart and manufactured by brands such as Sharper Image, Ionic and Honeywell. Here you will find articles the will provide advice when buying cheaper air purifiers. Unlike some sites, we believe that cheap purifier can still be effective but care must be taken when deciding which brand to purchase.
In this part of the site we will be looking at purifiers from Alen, Blueair, Austin, Rabbit Air and other similar brands. We expect a lot more from purifiers in this budget range so our reviews will reflect this. We find the majority of users look for purifiers in this range so the majority of reviews will be within this section.
Top Range – Air Purifiers from $700+
Here we will be studying purifiers that have the ability to clean all particles from your house. We will be looking at brands such as IQair, Allerair, Airgle, Blueair Medical and other such premium manufactures. Most of the air purifiers evaluated in this section will also be used in the healthcare industry and if you want true clean air then we suggest you spend this kind of money (but only if you can afford it.)